Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring a Full time Salad Prep Cook and Cashier! The ideal candidate will have cashier experience as well as experience in salad prep. Apply now if you have food service experience and you're looking for your next great opportunity!
Schedule: Monday-Friday, early mornings. Reliable transportation is a must!
~The ability to obtain a security clearance is a requirement of this position.~
The Salad Prep/Deli employee prepares salad or deli items according to the daily menu or catering event orders. Salad Prep/Deli employee helps keep the work area and salad bars neat and orderly in accordance with sanitation guidelines. Also responsible for receiving money from and disbursing money to customers, while maintaining a high level of customer service at all times.
- Prepare food items according to recipes, daily menus and supervisor’s instructions.
- Take temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-produced waste.
- Ensure proper presentation of all food items.
- Assist in maintaining kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
- Assist in maintaining salad coolers including proper labeling in accordance with Guest Services, Inc guidelines
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer or refrigerator walk-in coolers.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by co-workers.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, and Utensils
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.