Come join our All-Star team at the Big Sur Lodge! We are hiring energetic, friendly, and reliable retail clerks to assist our customer with their purchases! If you have retail experience and love helping customers, this is the job for you!
The Retail Clerk is responsible for receiving money from and disbursing money to customers, while maintaining a high level of customer service at all times. The Retail Clerk is also responsible for maintaining all cash and sales areas as directed by the Manager.
- Assist guests through friendly interactions, answering questions, and completing tasks
- Complete sales in POS (Point of Sale) in an accurate, efficient and friendly manner
- Maintain store displays daily through stock rotation, cleaning, and organizing
- receive and verify quantities of merchandise, organize and stock store, set displays
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- National Park gift shop experience preferred
- Ability to learn and use retail POS system including computerized cash register credit card terminal
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods and to climb steps occasionally
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Retail POS system including cash register and credit card terminal
- Phone system and copier
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves
Accessible only by boat, plane or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. While there is no road access to Stehekin, there is roughly 22 miles of existing road and shuttle bus service is available. A few cars and old trucks are around, barged in over the years. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well. You will feel right at home in our tight knit little family of employees and it will be a summer you’ll never forget
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women are encouraged to apply. Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.