Ski/Bike Rental Manager
Closing Date: Oct. 31, 2018
|Division:||Guest Services, Inc. Hospitality|
Biwabik - Saint Louis County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary Range:||Based on Experience|
|Benefits:||For full time employees: a choice of medical plans, dental and vision, 401k savings plan, life insurance and much more.|
Giants Ridge, the ultimate 4 season vacation destination located in Biwabik, MN, is now hiring for a motivated and service-oriented Rental Manager to oversee Ski and Bike rentals throughout the year. If you love recreation activities, assisting customers, and providing a high level of service then this job is for you!
Rental Shop Manager oversees the entire rental shop operation and is responsible for ensuring that all guests are outfitted with appropriate equipment, while ensuring that rental shop staff is delivering a “Giant” guest experience.
- Provided correct ski/snowboard/bike sizing for guests.
- Manages inventory of the entire rental shop. Including ordering, maintenance, and resale.
- Hires, schedules, and oversees all rental shop staff.
- Works with the point of sale system.
- Trains staff to properly adjust helmets, boots, skis/ snowboards, and bikes for guests.
- Answer any resort related questions
- Keeps records of all rented equipment and maintains the log book for all equipment as required by insurance and manufactures.
- Services the rental area to ensure a clean and safe area for guests following all established procedures.
- Resolves guest concerns.
- Perform other assigned duties.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Customer Service experience required.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office and point of sale systems.
- Minimum of 2 years of ski rental and bike shop experience required.
- Ability to ski and bike required.
- Proficient Ski and Bike Mechanic skills
- Basic mathematic skill.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-50 lbs. frequently, and more than 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to withstand extreme weather.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Ski and Bike Maintenance equipment
- Point of sale
View More Jobs