Guest Services, Inc. is now hiring an experienced Catering Supervisor to assist in overseeing catering events for one of our clients in Washington DC! If you enjoy helping customers and executing successful catering events, this job is for you! Apply now to join our All Star Team!
The Catering Supervisor oversees the Catering Attendants and ensuring that catered functions get set up, broken down and served correctly. The Catering Supervisor is the first point of contact for the client and customers, and must respond to and resolve concerns with urgency and professionalism.
- Ensure complete guest satisfaction at all times. Handle guests’ complaints and solve them according to customer service standards.
- Monitor and supervise Catering Attendants and their tasks, including set up and maintenance of function room areas.
- Assist in recruiting, supervising, scheduling, disciplining, reviewing, and directing the catering staff at the direction of the Catering Manager. Train hourly staff for peak performance and monitor staff’s development.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of unit’s equipment, and housekeeping, sanitation, dress, and employee hygiene. Notify Catering Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- 5 years’ experience in catering and events
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Microsoft Office
- Professional verbal and written communication- a MUST
- Problem Solving
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Coffee equipment- grinders, brewers, etc.
- Commercial kitchen equipment.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.