Guest Services, Inc. is looking for a compassionate and experienced Cook in Easton, PA.
The ideal candidate will...
- Pass a CHE and PA State background check
- Have experience with the USDA and NSLP
- Work Full Time, Year Round
- Be a caring team player, willing to work all aspects in the kitchen (ie. cooking, line serving, dishwashing, etc.)
- Be willing to learn/have experience with homestyle scratch made cooking
- Be 21 or older
- Have reliable transportation to Easton/Bethlehem, PA
Schedule: 9:30-6:00 PM
The Cook assists the Chef or General Manager by preparing, cooking, and serving food.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education required; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Minimum of three years in a commercial environment
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.