We are hiring a Banquet Manager to oversee all catering events for us.
The Banquet Manager is responsible for supervising the day to day operations of the catering department. This position is responsible for the overall supervision, staffing, and training of the catering personnel. Is able to multitask and coordinate multiple events simultaneously. The ideal candidate has the ability to be flexible with their work schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Coordinate all aspects of Catered Events from time of booking to the actual event. This includes scheduling staff, maintaining inventory of supplies, supervising production, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Attends all BEO meetings, clarifies any unclear information with Catering & Event Sales Manager prior to event to ensure that all client expectations are met.
- Once on site, provides immediate attention to meeting planner/contact upon arrival through event conclusion.
- Ensures that proper room diagrams and all set up requirements are accurate.
- Informs Chef of any changes to head count, dietary needs, or changes to menu as needed.
- Conducts pre-function meetings with staff. Reviews proper appearance, personal hygiene, etc. Reviews banquet event orders and any special notes with staff.
- Ensures safe and proper handling, transportation, and storage of food after delivery.
- Maintains accurate records of event including consumption, head counts, and customer feedback.
- Ensures proper clean-up of event space at the conclusion of the event.
- Responsible for property storage and handling of catering equipment including china, glassware, flatware, linens, chaffers, etc.
- Maintains all catering vehicles/golf carts and storage areas.
- Conducts performance reviews and corrective actions for all catering personnel.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Associate's degree in business management, event planning or related field preferred.
- At least 3-4 years experience in Catering/Banquets and/or Food & Beverage Management.
- Strong attention to detail and appealing presentation of all catering event aspects.
- Familiarity with all health and safety regulations.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist clients and coworkers. Ability to problem solve.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer applications related to job.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to perform under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a satisfactory driving record.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for up the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computer, fax, scanner, telephone, among others).
- Company vehicles including box trucks, vans, and golf carts.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged applying.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.