Are you looking for a new opportunity? Do you have a supervisory background? Are you dependable and reliable? If you answer is yes, apply now!
Lancaster Food is hiring for a Production Manager to our team!
Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends.
~All qualifying applicants must be able to pass a background check, drug test and a reliable transportation.~
No Agencies Please
Oversee the processing of Ready-to-Eat items in a fast paced and high volume facility. Ensure that all orders are fulfilled, that quality meets our customer’s standards, and that all products are made with Food Safety as the paramount concern.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee daily operation of production units to include fresh cut and repacks.
- Communicate with buyer(s) on a daily basis.
- Check and record all items for shipment utilizing Produce Pro.
- Ensure that all items are properly prepared and packaged for delivery.
- Ensure that all food-processing equipment is operated effectively and safely.
- Effectively monitor all guidelines for quality, safety and productivity levels.
- Interview, select, train, motivate, and schedule personnel.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and address/document disciplinary matters as needed
- Must work safely at all times and comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Comply with Lancaster Foods LLC policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to work in warehouse.
- Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- A minimum of four years of related experience. At least three years of supervisory experience.
- Must demonstrate proficient PC skills.
- Must demonstrate satisfactory oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a variety of Powered Industrial Equipment preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Typically bends, lifts, carries, reaches/extends arms and hands above shoulder height occasionally, or otherwise moves in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to75 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for up to 8 hours a day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor (freezing temperatures) and outdoor environments.
- Must wear a hairnet, beard net [if applicable], and a white lab coat at all times in the production part of the warehouse.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environment.
- Normal hearing and vision.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
- ID Badge/timecard and when in the warehouse – steel toed shoes [Lancaster Foods will reimburse up to $50 with a receipt]
Lancaster Foods offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Lancaster Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.