Do you like working in a picturesque environment? Do you have hospitality experience to include National Parks, lodging and food and beverage? If so this position is for you.
Guest Services, Inc. is hiring a General Manager to run the lodging, food and beverage and recreation.
The General Manager leads and manages the operations of the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin encompassing lodging, food and beverage and retail components. The General Manager should have previous experience managing similar units and have worked for a concessionaire with the National Park Service. The General Manager will be responsible for ensuring unit customer and client satisfaction. Must also be willing and able to live and work in a remote area accessible only by foot or boat.
- Sets goals while developing organization and structure. Plans, identifies, communicates, and delegates key responsibilities and practices to reporting managers to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Manages through unusual events to keep the unit operating within Company’s standards.
- Build a strong relationship and provide working knowledge with the National Park Service.
- Reviews unit environments and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the management team to take action and achieve operational goals.
- Develops strategic and operational plans to support execution of division and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results.
- Monitors and provides leadership to the unit staff.
- Communicates clearly and accurately with all levels in order to ensure effective unit operations.
- Maintain awareness of and corrects safety issues.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Management, Hospitality, Culinary or Associate’s degree in food service or related field preferred.
- At least 2 years General Manager or equivalent level position experience.
- Have good working knowledge of interacting with the National Park Service.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Experience in analyzing financial reports.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to problem solve and work in complex, fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of the business processes and system development.
- Strong customer service background.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-25 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced environments.
- Knowledge of Commercial Kitchen Machinery, Appliances, Tools, Utensils, Cash Registers/POS Systems and Property Management Systems.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others.).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.