The Housemen maintains clean, orderly, and attractive public areas within the unit and responds to guests’ requests in an efficient and pleasant manner.
- Ensure assigned areas are clean and neat as directed by management.
- Clean ash urns constantly.
- Clean and dust lamps, mirrors, pictures, etc.
- Deliver requested items, such as refrigerators, pillows, roll-aways, cribs, etc., to guest rooms as directed.
- Deliver supplies to assigned areas of facility.
- Follow bio-hazard, safety, general clean room, and quarterly mattress-flipping procedures.
- Clean restrooms in assigned areas.
- Vacuums all halls, lobbies, and edges. Mop and clean all floors in assigned areas.
- Clean all hall railings, marks on wallpaper, stairwells, and lockers.
- Pull trash from trash receptacles. Replace trash bags as needed. Clear trash from tables and floors/grounds.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits and an ability to learn and follow important safety precautions.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environments.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 50 lbs. regularly.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including in ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
~Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.~
- Standard commercial automatic dishwashing equipment.
- Cleaning Supplies (Including detergents, chemicals, mops, brooms, scourers, hand towels, etc.)
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Guest Services, Inc. participates in E-Verify.