The Staff Accountant will be responsible for managing all aspects of the finances and recordkeeping for multiple state locations and assisting HR in day to day activities.
The perfect person for this position is good at building process and enforcing it, who is motivated to learn new things, loves to take ownership, can work with little supervision and most of all someone who enjoys the outdoors. This position reports to the Senior Staff Accountant.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reconciles cash deposits weekly
- Ensures all expenses are coded correctly by location and account
- Manages accounts receivables and accounts payables
- Assist with management & tracking of Capital Expenditure Requests (i.e. depreciable assets)
- Recording Daily Sales for multiple units
- Works with senior management in forecasting income and expenses
- Assist with annual budget preparations
- Assisting with employee reimbursable expense reports
- Maintains historical records through electronic document filing
- Organizing documents online in a shared web-based account and filing system
- Shipment of materials between regional units
- Collection of month end reports and electronically filing for multiple units
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Collecting mail
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Staff Accountant and management
- 1 or more year(s) experience with finance/accounting
- Expert knowledge with Excel
- Must be technically proficient and willing to learn new software
- This person will work at our Newton boathouse with the possibility of working remotely a few days per week.
- Hours are flexible and can be outside normal working hours.
- This is a seasonal, non-permanent, position.
I understand that this job description contains important information about the job at Boston Outdoor Recreation, Inc I am applying for and that I am expected to read the job description and familiarize myself with its contents.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
About Boating in Boston:
At Boating in Boston, we’re crazy about having lots of outdoor fun. And because we really love having adventures, we’re excited about sharing the fun with as many guests and employees as possible.
Please check out our website at Boatinginboston.com to learn more about us!