Guest Services Inc., partnered with Billy Casper Golf, is looking for a Mechanic to join their All-Star team at the Giants Ridge golf course!
The responsibility of the Mechanic is to assist in maintaining the excellent playing condition of the golf course. The Mechanic will perform major and minor mechanical repairs on a variety of diesel and gasoline powered equipment under the general direction of the Superintendent.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• 1-3 years Mechanic experience
• Knowledge of small engine repair
• Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
• Ability to inspect equipment and related component
• Must be highly motivated, goal driven and self-starter
• Must have the ability to follow verbal and written instructions
• Conduct and effective preventative maintenance program in conjunction with operators to reduce mechanical failure and poor performance on all golf course equipment
• Repair of all equipment and golf carts
• Keep repair and maintenance records on all equipment
• Inspect, diagnose and repair mechanical problems for all maintenance equipment
• Set heights and sharpen blades on the cutting units. Make cuts, welds and braze as needed in repairing equipment and mowing units
• Price comparison on all related parts and materials before ordering
• Maintain a clean shop area and keep it orderly and efficient
• Maintain an adequate supply of parts through requisitions to the Purchasing Manager
• Monitor gas and fuel levels in storage tanks
• Assure proper disposal of all related hazardous materials
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is often required to stand, walk, push, pull, lift grasp, bend and kneel for five hours at a time without sitting.
• The employee frequently is required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, crawl, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls.
• The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30lbs occasionally.
• Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Moderate exposure to extreme cold, heat, working outdoors, chemicals, pesticides, gasoline, vibration, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards. Daily exposure to dusts and pollens
• Noise level is typically loud
• Work extended hours during golf and holiday season
• Work weekends and holidays
All job descriptions are subject to a periodic review. Additional duties will be assigned occasionally by management.
Billy Casper Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing a diverse environment