Guest Services, Inc. is looking for a talented and driven Retail Food Safety Specialist to work at our McLean, VA location!
The Food Safety Specialist is responsible for monitoring, enforcing and maintaining unit(s) compliance with applicable federal and state food safety and sanitation regulations; is also responsible for training unit managers and staff in applicable food safety and sanitation standards and regulations.
- Assist in ensuring the highest level of accountability of the Company’s Food Safety and Quality standards and values for our customers and stakeholders.
- Performs regular food safety and sanitation audits of foodservice operations.
- Actively monitor, train and enforce food safety and sanitation practices and procedures
- Assist in the investigation of food related and sanitation complaints
- Communicate and assist with corrective actions of third-party and regulatory audits.
- Monitors and maintains foodservice operations required documentation. Maintain accurate and organized records
- Work with other quality, facility safety and management personnel in ensuring compliance with applicable foodservice standards and regulations
- Provide support to unit management to resolve issues relating to Health Department inspections.
- Work with third-party and brand auditors in ensuring compliance with applicable foodservice standards and regulations
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science related field required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- A minimum of two years of experience food safety and sanitation related responsibilities.
- Working knowledge of: SSOP’s, HACCP principles, foodservice regulations.
- Must demonstrate proficient PC skills.
- Must demonstrate exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Ability to work independently, with a significant degree of creativity and latitude.
- Must obtain Food Manager Certification and Allergen Certification within 60 days of hire.
- Must obtain ServSafe instructor/proctor certification within 90 days of hire.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to travel up locally and nationally to units on a regular basis.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 10 lbs. rarely, up to 30 lbs. seldom.
Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others), and food safety monitoring equipment (thermometers, test kits, pH meters, etc.).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.