Assistant Golf Professional
Closing Date: Apr. 09, 2018
|Division:||Guest Services, Inc. Hospitality|
Biwabik - Saint Louis County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
The Assistant Golf Professional is a key member of the golf operations team at the property and assists the 1st Assistant Golf Professional and/or Head Golf Professional in managing all golf and golf-related activities at the facility.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- 1-2 years golf industry experience preferred
- College degree (PGM) preferred
- PGA Member or Apprentice
- Must have strong customer/guest orientation
- Must have strong communication skills
- Highly polished interpersonal skills, with the ability to connect with people easily and quickly
- Must acquire basic computer skills
- Must be dependable
- Assist in managing facility and staff
- Process customer reservations for guests of the golf course
- Assist in coordinating of individual, group, and tournament play as directed by the 1st Assistant Golf Professional and/or Head Golf Professional
- Assumes 1st Assistant golf professional’s duties in his or her absence
- Produce daily reports related to rounds, sales, etc. for management
- Works closely with Marshall and Starter to monitor all aspects of play including starting, monitoring pace of play, safety on the course and golf course markings
- Provides customer service to arriving guests to help expedite check-in process
- Perform other duties as assigned
- While performing the required duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with arms and hands.
- The employee often is required to walk, stand, talk or hear, handle, feel or operate objects.
- The employee will occasionally be required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30lbs occasionally.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Moderate exposure to extreme cold, heat, working outdoors, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards. Exposure to pollens and dust
- Noise level is moderately quiet
- Work extended hours during golf and holiday season
- Work weekends and holidays
View More Jobs