Please DO NOT apply if you do not hold a CDL A license.
Transport product and equipment from and to warehouses, stores and other designated locations. All Driver candidates must give us a 10 year work history per DOT requirements.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!!
- Pre and post trip inspect Commercial Motor Vehicles.
- Put empty carts and pallets in trailer.
- Deliver product to destination. Travel both over the road and regional distances.
- Maintain safe vehicle and conditions. Protect load by complying with organization policies and procedures and highway rules and regulations.
- Maintain records by completing driver log; obtaining shipper and receiver authorizations; filing documents.
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse.
- Comply with Lancaster Foods, Inc. policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate basic math skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to operate a commercial vehicle.
- A minimum of two years tractor-trailer - over the road driving experience on public streets/highways.
- Must possess and maintain a permanent Class "A" CDL.
- Must be free of violation points and serious traffic violations within the past three years.
- Must not have been disqualified for any reason within the past 10 years.
- Must maintain all driver qualifications required by FMCSR part 391.
- Must pass functional assessment test and vehicle road test.
- Must not have been disqualified/unqualified as a CMV driver for a drug/alcohol offense within the last ten years.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony during the last 10 years.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends.
Must be able to, with reasonable accommodations, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, to read and understand warehouse documents; ability to work in a variety of temperatures and environments; ability to bend, twist, kneel, squat, reach and crawl; ability to withstand road shocks and bumps; ability to sit at least 4 hours consecutively while driving, stand at least 1 hour consecutively and walk at least 20 minutes consecutively; ability to shift manual transmission to comply with tractor specifications (progressive shifting), which requires the use of all four extremities; frequently lower trailer door to closed position (30 lbs-bend over); frequently raise trailer door to open position standing from ground level (30 lbs-above head); ability to frequently climb onto and off of equipment (Tractor/Trailer) utilizing proper 3-point stance; ability to operate a variety of safety equipment; frequently move 5th wheel locking device into position utilizing arms and shoulders; and frequently crank trailer landing gear up and down to safely secure vehicle.
Personal Protective Equipment Required: Steel Toed Shoes [Lancaster Foods will reimburse up to $20 with a receipt] and your ID badge/timecard.
PLEASE ANSWER ALL QUESTIONS RELATED TO THIS POSITION - OTHERWISE YOUR APPLICATION MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE!!