- The Marina Assistant Manager supports the General Manager in all aspects of the center’s daily operations and administrative
- management, including direct supervision of all non-exempt and marina professional staff. The Marina Assistant Manager also serves as Manager on Duty (MOD) when scheduled to cover in the absence of the General Manager and promotes the Marina, thereby increasing Center profitability while ensuring that its customers have a high-quality experience.
- Receive direction from the General Manager and assist in the overall management of the unit’s operations. Plan and manage daily operations, including performing opening and/or closing management and MOD procedures when assigned.
- Supervise and schedule staff; train new employees; delegate assignments and monitor staff performance. Initiate or recommend disciplinary action when appropriate. Recruit and interview candidates for employment. Perform all new hire procedures, including required paperwork and PeopleSoft entries, and all weekly payroll procedures.
- Oversee front desk operations and maximize efficient and service-oriented staff performance. Serve as a role model for employees by providing and promoting exceptional service.
- Serve as the point of contact for customer issues; respond to customer inquiries, resolve customer complaints, and communicate issues to the General Manager. Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the manager. Ensure the cleanliness and safety of facilities, equipment, grounds, and courts and verify their good working order. Notify the General Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues. Complete comprehensive incident reports when necessary and train the employees on how to collect relevant information.
- Verify payments of invoices and billing accurately and resolve discrepancies when appropriate. Make change orders weekly; pay petty cash invoices weekly; monitor sales, resolve discrepancies, and review / prepare daily sales report, WOR, and end-of-themonth sales reports and operating statements. Assist in managing P&L statement and annual budgeting process.
- Oversee stock and visual merchandising displays; take and assist in controlling inventory. Review all plans and merchandising enhancements with the General Manager.
- Promote the Center through various marketing plans and promotions; develop and implement new client new program ideas to bring in new revenue and recruit new clients.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- First aid and CPR certification.
- 1-3 years of experience management experience. Boating and/or marine related experience.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
PHYSICAL ANDMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes and inclement outdoor weather.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
- Marina and dock maintenance equipment
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.