The Banquet Attendant sets up, breaks down and cleans up catered events. The Banquet Attendant must be able to provide ongoing cleaning and service to clientele.
- Greet customers in a polite, positive manner. Anticipate customers' needs and respond promptly.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned area or catered event.
- Set up, monitor, refresh, and break-down catered event according to group requirements and management direction.
- Restock items for next service. Properly store all reusable items.
- Resolve customer issues, ensuring customer satisfaction. Alert management when needed.
- Prepare food items according to recipes, daily menus and supervisor's instructions.
- Take temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-produced waste.
- Ensure proper presentation of all food items.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Candidate should have a valid driver's license as they will be driving a van.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Coffee equipment- grinders, brewers, etc.
- Commercial kitchen equipment.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401K Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability, or protected Veteran status.