The Ski Patrol ensures the safety of the mountain and guests by providing first aid care and attention to guest needed assistance on the mountain or the facility.
- Skiing to perform open and close procedures on mountain daily.
- Communication with other departments.
- Maintain safe and easy access with base patrol and ski patrol duty stations.
- Recognize and correct any safety hazards within the ski patrol department.
- Perform CPR and emergency care, when necessary.
- Become proficient with ropes and rope rescue skills.
- The ability to safely and skillfully ski and transport a person in toboggan down an expert ski trail in an fast manner within the ski area boundaries.
- Understand the function of the equipment and standards procedures for its care and safe operation.
- Maintain clean, safe and professional workstations.
- Maintain any appropriate records as set forth by company policy and procedures.
- Shoveling snow, sometimes deep, heavy wet snow weighing more than 50lbs per shovel full.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Ability to ski required.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Great customer services.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to withstand extreme cold weather.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.