Have you had success in Sales, specifically catering sales? Would you like to have a gorgeous backgrop to sell for? If so, this position may be for you!
Guest Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced and motivated Sales and Catering Manager. This individual will work at the incredible Wakulla Springs State Park located in Crawfordville, Florida.
The Catering and Sales Manager is responsible for supervising the day to day operations of the account to meet the customers’ contract expectations; oversees all aspects of special catered events including menu planning, staffing, supervising events, and billing; and is responsible for the overall supervision, staffing, and training of the catering personnel during events. Events can include, but are not limited to, weddings, corporate parties, birthday parties, etc.
- Coordinate all aspects of Catered Events from time of booking to the actual events. This includes soliciting client business, client menu planning, scheduling events, contract pricing, supervising production, staffing events, ensuring customer service, and billing.
- Meet with clients to work out the details of their functions, escorting clients through the venue and highlight features of the facility as well as available services.
- Work as a liaison between client and unit management by communicating all needs of the event to each department.
- Hire, train, and direct catering staff and line personnel to ensure friendly and efficient service.
- Maintain accurate records for all catered events.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times, resolving complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Associate’s degree in business management, event planning or related field preferred.
- At least 3-4 years experience in Catering/Banquets and/or Food & Beverage Management.
- Strong attention to detail and appealing presentation of all catering event aspects.
- Familiarity with sales and marketing tools.
- Familiarity with all health and safety regulations.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist clients and coworkers. Ability to problem solve.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer applications related to job.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to perform under time constraints and deadlines with attention to detail.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for up the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Typical office equipment (computer, fax, scanner, telephone, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Vetterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.