Are you a customer centric IT employee? Do you enjoy a challenge while assisting your coworkers? If so, this position is for you.
Lancaster Foods is hiring an IT Support Specialist for our facilitiy. This position is full time with on call hours.
No Agencies Please
IT Support Specialist – Job Description
- Ensure the stable operation of the computer network and all connected PCs and peripherals. This includes installing, configuring, maintaining, and optimizing all PC hardware and software.
- Perform moves, adds, changes and other maintenance on the Avaya Telephone system.
- Analyze and resolve end user computer problems, and provide training where required.
- Work with the I.T. team to create procedures and documentation where needed.
- Management of all Network connected devices, including PC workstations, multifunction Printer/Copiers, Production Bar Code and Label Printers, Warehouse Bar Code Scanners, Document Scanners.
- Manage and track all assets, maintain inventory for hardware and software.
- Interact with vendors as required for products and services.
- Perform network administration and new user setup and termination.
- Manage Help Desk tickets to insure proper documentation of problem resolution.
Desired Skills and qualifications
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science with a focus on network administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years relevant work experience.
- Working technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 10, and Google Applications.
- Basic working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, Active Directory, TCP/IP.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Able to install, support, and troubleshoot server and PC hardware components and peripherals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into PC, Desktop software, and networking issues as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly and non-technical language with strong customer service.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a positive attitude.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a 24x7 Manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Fast-paced, 24x7 Manufacturing environment with the requirement for 99% uptime during business hours.
- Occasional weekend support may be necessary.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Lancaster Foods/Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.