Bear Mountain Inn is hiring a Bartender/Server to join our 5 Star Team!
The Bartender/Server is responsible for taking food and drink orders from and serving all guests in assigned section of the dining room in a fast, courteous and efficient manner. In addition, this person will be in charge of making drinks according to resteraunt recipes. The bartender/server must ensure correct billing procedures and provide excellent service to guests, ensuring level of service meets the Company's standards
- Greet guests in a polite, positive manner; takes beverage orders. Check patrons' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Answer questions about the menu and takes food orders. Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients, and cooking methods. Suggests any menu item.
- Submit food order into kitchen.
- Serve guests their desired entrees in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Maintain pleasant dining experience. Check on guests periodically throughout their meals and attends to their needs. Deliver check and completes transaction making accurate change when necessary.
- Perform clean-up duties after each meal service; and, prepares and sets up for next meal.
- Keep assigned tables clean and properly set up, including vacuuming and arranging tables and chairs.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, liners, liquor, garnishes, glassware and other supplies or inventory for the bar.
- Report gratuities at the end of each shift as required by Company policy and law
- Pour, mix, and serve drinks following standard recipes.
- Maintain the liquor, garnishes, glassware and other supplies or inventory for the bar.
- Check identification of customers who order alcoholic beverages.
- Clean all bar equipment, tools, and supplies. Ensure equipment is in good working order.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Mathematic skills.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.