Closing Date: Mar. 01, 2018
|Division:||Parks and Recreation|
All Counties in |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Benefits:||For full time employees: a choice of medical benefits, dental and vision, 401k savings plan, and much more|
Recreation Maintenance person assists by performing all aspects of maintenance and repair work on all mechanical, structural, and electrical equipment and system on assigned locations.
- Receive direction from the Maintenance Manager and assist in the overall maintenance and repair of assigned unit’s operations.
- Lock and secure all buildings and facilities; monitor, activate and reset automatic security systems as appropriate.
- Assist Manager with inventory/security of supplies is adequate for the maintenance of units.
- Clean bathrooms. Maintain all bathroom supplies such as paper towels, toilet paper, soap dispensers, and toilet seat covers.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility’s equipment. Notify Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Manage and maintain the cleanliness and order of the inside corporate facility, including light dusting, vacuuming, and window washing.
- Manage and maintain the cleanliness and order of the property, including mowing grass, raking leaves, picking up trash.
- Pull trash from trash receptacles and replace trash bags as needed. Sort recycling for trash bins.
- Respond to and perform basic maintenance requests, including changing light bulbs and moving furniture and boxes.
- Receive and put away deliveries.
- Ability to operate and use various hand and power tools equipment.
- Studies and complies with all applicable government regulations.
- Addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company’s image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record required.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to withstand adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
View More Jobs