This position supports and performs skilled maintenance, repair, service and fabrication to equipment utilized by the ski hill. This position services and repairs equipment in the shop and in the field in all types of weather conditions. Work requires a technical knowledge, as well as the ability to exercise independent judgment in determining repair methods. Assist when needed in general maintenance and upkeep of all lift and snowmaking equipment.
- Inspects, diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical or other systems to heavy equipment such as crawlers, loaders, snow groomers, and other off road equipment
- Inspect, repair and perform routine maintenance on heavy trucks, light trucks and passenger vehicles
- Diagnose, repair and service ATV’s, snowmobiles, riding lawn mowers, and other small engines
- Maintain shop and building in a safe clean manner, hazardous materials are properly stored, spills cleaned up, etc.
- Ability to use electrical testing equipment such as D.V.M.’s, load tester, etc.
- Ensures proper safety procedures are followed and practiced.
- Adhere to all required documentation policies and practices.
- Must be comfortable with heights.
- Perform all other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Determines the parts, supplies needed for repairs and be able to find the needed items.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Job Minimum Qualifications
- Post-secondary or industry certificate/diploma/degree in Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technology, or 3 years of work experience as heavy equipment mechanic or related field or any combination of education and experience equal to above.
- Must have experience with ignition systems including (points, electronic, and computerized)
- Must have experience with fuel systems including (carburetors, fuel injection, and direct injection)
- Must have experience with computerized diagnostic equipment.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Understanding of ski area operations or ability to learn the various operationa and their priorities as they relate to equipment use.
- Must have welding and working with metal experience and some fabrication skills
- Preferred Job Qualifications
- 5 years of experience of heavy equipment or related mechanical field
- ASE certificates in the following areas
- T1 Gasoline engine, T2 Diesel engine, T3 Drivetrain, T4 Brakes, T5 Suspension and steering,
- T6 Electrical/Electronic systems, T7 Heating ventilation & air conditioning (HVAC), T8 Preventative maintenance and inspection, and L2 Diesel drivability Or ASE certificates in test group A1 threw A8 and L1
- Valid MN commercial driver license class A or the ability to get one in a reasonable amount of time.
- Must have good computer skills
- Be able to work on 2 stroke, 4 stroke, and Diesel engines
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak clearly and effectively before groups
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. Ability to create. Organize, and maintain accurate records.
Physical Demands: Perform heavy manual labor for extended periods, in all types of weather and under various working conditions. Frequently is required to stand and walk, traverse snow covered hills and operate equipment. Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and lay. Must frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds. Must be able to use hands tools.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.