Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? Stehekin Valley’s, picturesque lake and breathtaking mountains truly have a magical effect.
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget. Apply below!
Provide daily support to the culinary team throughout work day. Wash and properly store all dishes, pots, and pans relating to restaurant operations. Maintain the dish area and dishwashing equipment in a sanitary and efficient manner. Monitor and maintain trash cans throughout day. Keep dining room stocked and clean. Assist culinary and other restaurant staff as needed.
- Operate dishwashing equipment, including cleaning and breakdown
- Wash dishes, pots and pans by hand as needed; keep pace with cooking staff need for clean items
- Maintain cleanliness and safety of dish area; clean up spills in all kitchen and areas
- Keep all trash cans double-lined and in sanitary condition
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
- Help bus and set up in dining area when and if needed
- Assist in minor food prep and cooking on occasion when and if needed
- Assist with guest luggage and service calls on occasion when and if needed
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Some kitchen experience preferred
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods in a wet environment
- Climb steps regularly
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Commercial dishwasher, dish cleaning supplies
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: goggles, gloves
Accessible only by boat, plane or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. While there is no road access to Stehekin, there is roughly 22 miles of existing road and shuttle bus service is available. A few cars and old trucks are around, barged in over the years. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well. You will feel right at home in our tight knit little family of employees and it will be a summer you’ll never forget
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women are encouraged to apply. Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.