Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? Stehekin Valley’s, picturesque lake and breathtaking mountains truly have a magical effect.
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget. Apply below!
The Restaurant Supervisor meets and greets guests and ensures FOH staff members provide a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, product presentation, cost control, and sales of all menu items. Complete guest transactions and assist employees with POS issues in a friendly, accurate, and efficient manner. Provide training and daily supervision / direction for restaurant employees; create and monitor weekly shift schedule. This is a tipped position that functions as a server in addition to the posted detailed duties.
- Train and schedule staff; monitor, problem solve, and supervise workers to ensure efficient and safe completion of tasks
- Be or become proficient with point of sale system, take orders, enter into POS, secure prepared food from kitchen and serve properly.
- Determine and Master all side work duties and delegate accordingly to staff. Follow up to ensure all is complete at end of shift.
- Assist guests through friendly interactions, answering questions, and completing sales on register/POS system in an accurate, efficient and friendly manner; assist employees with same
- Timely prepare and adjust as needed all FOH staff schedule
- Maintain and direct mutual respect rapport with BOH staff
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
- Participate in management and safety meetings and National Park Service inspections
- Manage staff appropriately to enforce standards and minimize personnel conflicts
- Maintain department records such as schedules, payroll, deposits, and daily cash reports
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of or ability to learn how to create specialty coffees and other drinks
- Strong sanitation habits; strong guest service abilities; actively look for ways to assist guests and co-workers
- Ability to learn and use POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMNTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal; Phone system
- Specialty coffee machines and dispensers
- Required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) used: gloves, goggles
Accessible only by boat, plane or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. While there is no road access to Stehekin, there is roughly 22 miles of existing road and shuttle bus service is available. A few cars and old trucks are around, barged in over the years. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well. You will feel right at home in our tight knit little family of employees and it will be a summer you’ll never forget
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.