Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? Stehekin Valley’s, picturesque lake and breathtaking mountains truly have a magical effect.
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget. Apply below!
The Server is responsible for taking food and drink orders from and serving all guests in assigned section of the dining room in a fast, courteous and efficient manner. The server must ensure correct billing procedures and provide excellent service to guests, ensuring level of service meets the Company’s standards.
Provide daily support to the culinary team throughout work day. Wash and properly store all dishes, pots, and pans relating to restaurant operations. Maintain the dish area and dishwashing equipment in a sanitary and efficient manner. Monitor and maintain trash cans throughout day. Keep dining room stocked and clean. Assist culinary and other restaurant staff as needed.
- Greet guests promptly and politely; answer questions about the menu, take food and beverage orders
- Check patron identification to ensure compliance with alcoholic beverage service requirements
- Explain how various items are prepared, describe ingredients and cooking methods, suggest menu items
- Maintain pleasant dining experience by serving food and beverages in a friendly and efficient manner, checking on guests regularly, communicating with kitchen, and attending to guest needs
- Carry plates, glassware, and trays to/from tables
- Perform setup/clean-up duties before and after each meal service including vacuuming, arranging furniture, and changing linens
- Complete sales in POS in an accurate, efficient and friendly manner
- Complete all “sidework” including stocking service areas with coffee, food, tableware, and linens
- Report gratuities at the end of each shift as required by company policy and law
Performs such other related duties as directed or required
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- Food Safety certification; strong sanitation habits; alcohol service TIPS or MAST certification
- National Park food service experience preferred
- Ability to learn and use food service POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal
- Ability to solve guest problems and refer to management as necessary
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently; otherwise move in a changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 15 lbs. regularly, 20-30 lbs. frequently, and up to 40 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English; read and write in English
- Constantly communicate and receive verbal communication with others in a fast-paced kitchen and dining room
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Food service POS (Point of Sale) system including cash register and credit card terminal
- Restaurant equipment, including trays, cleaning supplies and solutions, washcloths, drink machines, etc.
- Required Personal Protective Equipment used: goggles and gloves
Accessible only by boat, plane or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. While there is no road access to Stehekin, there is roughly 22 miles of existing road and shuttle bus service is available. A few cars and old trucks are around, barged in over the years. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well. You will feel right at home in our tight knit little family of employees and it will be a summer you’ll never forget
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.