Would you like to spend your summer working at a mystical and peaceful lodge? Stehekin Valley’s, picturesque lake and breathtaking mountains truly have a magical effect.
You will feel right at home in our tight knit family of employees and it is sure to be a summer you will never forget. Apply below!
Assist in all phases of routine hotel, restaurant, store and employee housing maintenance as directed at all facility locations. Reports to and receives direction from Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Tech
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Promotes the spirit and intent of Guest Services Hospitality Standards
- Assist is seasonal winterizing and de-winterizing all facilities & buildings.
- Basic plumbing repairs with toilet backups
- Trouble-shooting lock mechanisms
- Collects and drops off at collection center all trash, garbage, re-cycling
- Routinely cleans all trash & re-cycle containers
- Routinely blows and rakes leaves from public areas
- Routinely cleans all areas of property as directed
- Assist with floor repairs, linoleum and vinyl tile.
- Assist with general carpentry repairs and projects.
- During winter participate in snow removal duties using snow shovel, walk-behind snow blower and using safety equipment as needed or directed.
- Keep foreman informed of needed maintenance supplies.
- Assist with fire suppression system start up, winterizing and maintenance.
- Smoke detector system trouble shooting and repair/replace.
Performs such other related duties as directed or required.
Personal Qualities and Physical Requirements:
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively. Must be able to write legibly as well as read and understand directions and instructions. Appearance must be in compliance with company guidelines.
Will be required to perform diverse physical tasks. Must be able to stoop, bend, grasp, and perform repetitive motions. Extensive walking and stair climbing. Good physical energy, stamina and agility. Must be able to navigate tight crawl spaces. Exposure to wet floors occurs. Must be able to work in cold, icy or snowy conditions, with elevations up to 6400 feet. Must be able to work on a ladder and above shoulder height. Must be able to lift 50 pounds periodically. Must be able to work weekends and be on-call.
Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timelines, urgency, humor, and common sense. Must be able to adapt to the isolation of National Park life.
Accessible only by boat, plane or hiking trails, the North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin is a laid-back remote little place on the shores of Lake Chelan within the North Cascades National Park. Stehekin has about 75 permanent residents, though its population swells during the summer. The passenger ferry runs daily from Chelan and Fields Point during the summer months and less often through the winter. Stehekin is very close to the Pacific Crest Trail. While there is no road access to Stehekin, there is roughly 22 miles of existing road and shuttle bus service is available. A few cars and old trucks are around, barged in over the years. Trout and sockeye salmon are popular targets for fishing in Lake Chelan and if you are into hiking, extreme or mild you will love it here. Bicycles are available for hire and are easily transported up on the ferry as well. You will feel right at home in our tight knit little family of employees and it will be a summer you’ll never forget
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.