Guest Services, Inc., is hiring for Food Runner to join our team. This would be a great opportunity with start a career with a great company.
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday, No Weekends and Holidays
~Requirement of this position is that you are a US Citizen and able to pass a background check.~
The Food Runner assists the Chef, Cook and Food Servers by preparing and delivering all necessary food products from the kitchen to the customer area. The Runner is also responsible for keeping all food items stocked for customers, and the serving areas clean.
- Assist with stocking counters, organizing display refrigerators, and maintaining steam table
- Maintains proper food handling, safety, and sanitation standards while preparing food, serving food, and clean-up.
- Transports food from kitchen to main café
- Cleans up spills during meal service immediately.
- Keeps floor in work or service area clean and free of debris.
- Consistently exhibits the ability to keep up with peak meal service hours and does it calmly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Monitors service food levels and informs cook in a timely manner when food quantities are low.
- Relays guest comments received from customers directly to supervisor.
- Greet all customers with a smile and provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Complete weekly/monthly cleaning schedules as assigned by management.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and busy environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Must be able to climb steps regularly, to withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Read and write work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Food serving equipment (trays, cleaning rags, kitchen utensils, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.