Giants Ridge is hiring for Full Time and Part Time housekeeping positions!
The Housekeeper performs skilled and routine maintenance and tasks necessary to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the Ski Chalets and the maintenance buildings.
Cleaning the ski chalet and maintenance buildings
Clean the offices
Clean up after events (ski races, etc.) in the banquet room and around the facility
Keep our brown bag area clean
Keep the food court tables clean during the day and empty trash
- Notify Supervisor of all quality control issues or needed repairs pertaining to the housekeeping of the facility.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits and an ability to learn and follow important safety precautions.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 35 lbs. regularly, 45 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Works in wet and slippery conditions. Frequently works in a hot and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Cleaning Supplies (including detergents, chemicals, vacuums, mops, brooms, scourers, hand towels, etc.).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.