Are you a maintenance engineer who is HVAC certified and looking to work with a great company? Are you looking to work in a beautiful location? If so this position may be for you.
Guest Service, Inc. is opening a Fairfield Inn and Suites and is hiring for Maintenance Engineer to be part of our opening team!
Schedule: Full Time
The Maintenance Technician assists by performing all aspects of maintenance and repair work on all mechanical and electrical equipment and systems within the unit.
- Receive direction from the Unit Manager or Maintenance Manager and assist in the overall maintenance and repair of the unit's operations.
- Conduct scheduled inspections of designated buildings and equipment; check and repair equipment malfunctions.
- Make major repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment as needed.
- Painting as needed.
- Respond immediately and resolve emergency facility needs/issues regarding safety/security/business requirements, including fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems to protect building occupants and property.
- Lock and secure all buildings and facilities; monitor, activate and reset automatic security systems as appropriate.
- Perform routine to complex cleaning of pools, spas, and other water features around the unit. Maintain records of cleaning and maintenance schedules.
- Assist Manager with inventory/security of supplies is adequate for the maintenance of the hotel.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility's equipment. Notify Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company's image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma, GED, or Trade School Certification preferred.
- 1-2 years of hotel maintenance experience. Pool Maintenance Certification.
- Strong technical knowledge/background in HVAC, Electrical, and/or Plumbing.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to problem-solve.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Valid Driver's License required.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, or protected Veteran status.
Guest Services participates in E-Verify.