Seasonal Laborer - Outside Operations, Snowmaking
Closing Date: Oct. 29, 2017
Biwabik - Saint Louis County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Benefits:||For full time employees: a choice of medical benefits, dental and vision, 401k savings plan, and much more|
Employees will be trained on all job duties. Assist in the inspection of all lift machinery, the upkeep of lift areas and the safe loading and unloading of guests. Assist in construction and maintenance of terrain park. Assist with the operation of the snow tubing park. Assist with snowmaking. Responsible for assisting in the events and programming operations. Also, to create a positive and courteous atmosphere for guests to ensure return visits from all guests.
- Be punctual. Staff is expected to be at the Burnt Onion Maintenance Facility at your scheduled time and to your assigned shift in a timely manner.
- Perform the daily inspection of all lift machinery.
- Report all information accurately and neatly on the daily lift log.
- Maintain ramps and complete all snow removal from our lift terminal area before, during and after your assigned shift.
- Operate heavy equipment as assigned by supervisor.
- Remain alert and aware during all loading and unloading of guests. Use good judgment and common sense to prevent potential accidents.
- Help design layout of terrain park features, maintain park for safety of guests.
- Help with snowmaking duties, including checking snowgun operation, moving snowguns, and unburying hoses and cords.
- Assist lift supervisors and ticket checkers when needed.
- Assist with the operations of the snow tubing park including oversight of the two rope, safety of tubers, checking tickets.
- Maintain lift building order and cleanliness.
- Perform a variety of light maintenance to resort buildings and grounds.
- Set up, check and maintain events and programming equipment, fencing, and safety equipment.
- Assist race coordinator(s) (USSA, State High School League, USASA, etc.) as needed to ensure safe, timely, and well managed events.
- Assist Events & Programming Director with other resort programming, events and functions as needed.
- Maintain timing building for order, cleanliness and organization.
- Be responsible for all Giants Ridge equipment used in programming and events to ensure its reliability; all equipment must be organized neatly in respective buildings for ease in accessibility.
- Keep a friendly, courteous attitude towards guests and fellow employees.
- Display a well-groomed, professional appearance.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s Degree or related degree preferred.
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability and desire to learn new skills; ability to problem solve; ability to arrange and coordinate schedules.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Ability to stand outside in the cold for up to 8 hours.
- Ability to push, pull, and lift up to 15 lbs.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers, and the ability to speak clearly in English to ensure understanding by customers and co-workers.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends when required.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
View More Jobs