The Senior Accountant is responsible for the local accounting and audit function in accordance with company procedures and principles of internal control of the unit.
- Direct local accounting personnel in prescribed record keeping activities.
- Direct the preparation and timely submission of accounting data to the Corporate Office following prescribed procedures and formats.
- Ensure proper recording, allocation and accounting of all inventories amongst operating units.
- Assist operating personnel in following approved accounting procedures and monitors and reports on compliance. Attend management meetings and provides a summary report to management on area operations from an audit and accounting prospective.
- Monitor the collection and timely bank deposit of all cash receipts and charge vouchers.
- Ensure adequate unit operating funds are maintained and properly secured at all locations.
- Supervise preparation of checks to pay invoices approved by Management and authorized for local payment. Limit disbursements from this account to those items which cannot be paid through the Corporate Accounts Payable system.
- Enforce controls established to safeguard Corporate assets.
- Conduct periodic, unannounced audits of all local operating units. Assist company internal auditors in the review of procedures and internal controls and implements internal audit recommendations. Maintain detailed audit file by unit/location for local reference and subsequent review by Corporate Internal Auditors. Prepare brief, concise summary of audit activities monthly.
- Observe procedures and perform test counts on physical inventories and maintains a written record of all observations and test counts.
- Assist Unit Manager in preparations of annual budgets, and monthly analysis of actual results compared to budget.
- Assist Unit Manger in the preparation of Capital Appropriation and conduct analyses of anticipated costs and benefits.
- Recruit, supervise, train, schedule, discipline, review, and direct the assigned management and staff.
- Purchasing and receiving responsibilities
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor\'s degree or related degree in Accounting.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills.
- Prior experience as an accountant preferred.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for the entire work day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 15 lbs. occasionally, up to 30 lbs. infrequently.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Use hands and arms to reach for, grasp, and manipulate objects.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.