Guest Services, Inc is hiring in Maryland, DC, and Northern Virginia due to growth! Do you know who we are?
We were founded in 1917, Guest Services, Inc. has worked tirelessly to earn the reputation as the premier private hospitality management company and National Park Service concessionaire in the US. Guest Services, Inc. takes great care and pride in providing best-in-class services across a wide variety of client sites including hotels, resorts, luxury condominiums, government and business dining facilities, state and national park recreation, museums, conference centers, senior living centers, health care systems, school and university dining facilities, specialty retail stores, and full-service restaurants. The Fairfax, Virginia-based company and its subsidiaries employ in excess of 3,000 team members at more than 250 facilities, which welcome more than 35 million guests annually across the United States.
Requirement of this position is that you are a US Citizen and able to pass a background check.
We have various positions open for Executive Chefs, Chef Managers, Chefs and Sous Chefs:
- Large Cafeteria style dining
- Upscale Cafe
- Restaurant dining
If you are interested in working for a great company, do not hesitate to apply. We proudly offer a competitive benefit package, including:
•Your choice of comprehensive medical insurance, dental and vision plans
•Paid time off and paid holidays
•A generous company match to a 401k savings plan
•And much more!
• Plan and develop menus. Forecast, analyze, and cost food items and portion specifications to unit. Ensure compliance with established budget. Plan, schedule, supervise, and participate in the culinary work of the unit to ensure proper production, distribution of assignments, and prompt, safe, and efficient preparation of foods.
• Prepare food for service.
• Recruit, supervise, train, schedule, discipline, and direct the culinary and utility staff.
• Monitor customer flow and determine food and supply needs for unit. Maintain inventory control of food and supplies.
• Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of kitchen equipment, food production and handling, cooking, housekeeping, sanitation, dress, cash control, and employee hygiene. Notify General Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
• Respond to customer inquiries and resolve customer complaints.
• Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
• High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; Culinary or Associate’s degree in food service or related field preferred.
• Food Safety Certification. Strong sanitation habits.
• Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
• Ability to interact and communicate well with the client.
• Ability to problem solve.
Physical and Mental Requirements
• Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
• Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
• Ability to stand for the entire work day.
• Climbing steps regularly.
• Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
• Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
• Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
• Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
• Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
• Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils (pots and pans, fryers, stove, among others), and typical office equipment (computer, fax, telephone, copier, scanner, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.