Under direction the Snow Surfaces Technician is responsible for execution of snow based products including grooming, terrain parks, snow removal, snowmaking and summer trail maintenance. In addition, the Snow Surfaces Technician will also be required to assist in the general maintenance and upkeep of all grooming, lift and snowmaking equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under direction performs a wide variety of ski area work including operation of vertical transport systems, snowmaking systems, grooming equipment and related maintenance of ski area equipment and grounds.
- Ensure quality snow surfaces to provide a high quality guest experience.
- Adhere to policies and procedures for maintaining safe and secure conditions, mechanical operations, weather variables, snow depth and trails conditions.
- Performs summer trail maintenance functions.
- Assist in general maintenance of trails, equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Ensures proper safety procedures are followed and practiced.
- Assist in snow removal as necessary.
- Perform all other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Mechanical or equipment operation background and experience with diesel engine/hydraulic machines preferred
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Valid MN Commercial Driver License Class A preferred or ability to get one if necessary within one year.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in the maintenance of various types of light and heavy equipment and other power driven equipment and tools.
- Have knowledge of snow production processes and infrastructure.
- Have knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to analyze and repair mechanical failures.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor for extended periods, in all types of weather and under various working conditions.
- Must be comfortable with heights.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and follow-up.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Three years of mechanical or equipment operation background, experience with diesel engine/hydraulic machines, or related field; OR any combination of education and experience equal to the above.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.