Fixed Asset Accountant
Closing Date: Aug. 25, 2017
Fairfax - Fairfax County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Benefits:||A choice of medical benefits, dental and vision, 401k savings plan, and much more. |
We are looking for a Fixed Asset accountant to join our team! Guest Services, Inc. is a hospitality management firm. Apply now!
The Fixed Asset Accountant is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of all accounting activities related to all property and equipment located in departments throughout the company. Compiles and analyzes financial information used in the preparation of financial statements and other related schedules as required for reporting to senior management and clients.
- Manage the interfaces and processes from Accounts Payable to Fixed Assets and General Ledger (GL), including reconciliations between the modules.
- Ensure that the FA module is closed timely (per management directives) on a monthly basis and that all errors identified from the exception report are resolved.
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are properly reconciled and appropriate journal entries are recorded (recurring and non- recurring) on a timely basis.
- Post all depreciation to general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Ensure posting of Fixed Asset reports to company Intranet on a monthly basis.
- Prepare capital budget and related budgeted depreciation. Maintain depreciation schedule with updates as needed.
- Prepare property tax returns for assigned jurisdictions on time. Track the company’s capital expenditure against approved capital expenditure requests.
- Maintain tax knowledge pertaining to FA and ensure Company is in compliance.
- Clear reconciling items on a routine and regular basis.
- Support the optimization of FA through suggestion and implementation of process improvements using the functional benefits provided by the application.
- Document all processes as established.
- Provide FA functional expertise for identification and resolution of system development/production issues.
- Maintain Accounts Payable knowledge as applicable to Fixed Assets, including vendor identification and compliance with payment approval protocol.
- Research, analysis, reconciliation, and resolution of journal entries.
- Ensure reconciliation of fixed asset subsidiary ledgers to the GL monthly. Resolve any resulting discrepancy discovered.
- Prepare audit schedules and resolve audit issues identified by external auditors, prepare depreciation and other fixed asset-related entry adjustments.
- Prepare Tax Books Rollforward on a Quarterly basis, reconciling corporate and tax books.
- Prepare Fixed Asset supporting tax schedules for income and property tax returns and tracking the company's capital expenditure against capital requests.
- Perform as a Financials Assistant to assigned divisions, assisting managers to identify and explain potential issues with Financial Statements.
- Analyze assigned accounts and ensure compliance with company capitalization protocol.
- Provide assistance and regularly respond to inquiries from managers as they pertain to Fixed Assets.
- Maintain Monthly Vehicle Report and ensure accuracy of company-wide vehicle listing.
- Provide Capital Expenditure Report to General Ledger department and CFO on a monthly and Quarterly basis.
- Perform Adhoc analysis for Controller and CFO.
- Other duties as assigned by AP Manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related degree.
- 2-3 years related experience and/or formal training in Fixed Asset Accounting using PeopleSoft Financials or similar software.
- Competence in applying general accounting principles.
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to meet deadlines for Accounting close, payments to vendors related to assets, property tax returns, reporting for audits from various sources.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people; ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to learn and develop new skills; ability to problem solve.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative, telephone and other communications skills
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to sit at a desk in front of a computer for up to 8 hours a day.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees.
- Typical office equipment (computers, phone system, fax, copiers, scanners, among others).
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
View More Jobs