Cooks for Five Guys Restaurant - Mon - Fri
Closing Date: Aug. 24, 2017
|Division:||Contract Food Service|
Mclean - Fairfax County|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Benefits:||For full time employees: a choice of medical benefits, dental and vision, 401k savings plan, and much more.|
Guest Services, Inc. is opening their first franchised 5 Guys and we are looking for cooks Monday thru Friday. If you have experience in food service and fast food, apply now!
The Cook assists the Chef or General Manager by preparing, cooking, and serving food.
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education required; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Minimum of three years in a commercial environment
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to withstand temperature extremes.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off.
View More Jobs