Are you dedicated, flexible, high energy Host/Hostess, who has a passion for hospitality and guest satisfaction? If you are, we want you on our team!
We are looking for a customer-oriented and hard-working Host/Hostess for Echo Bluff State Park!
~All qualifying applicants must be able to pass a background check.~
The Host is responsible for making reservations and greeting guests when they arrive at the unit. The Host also seats the guests and makes sure that they are satisfied. The Host is responsible for giving the guests a good first impression of the unit by greeting them in a friendly manner.
- Greet customers in a positive and welcoming manner. Acknowledge customers in a friendly manner upon their exit, inviting them to return.
- Anticipate the customers’ needs, and respond appropriately with a sense of urgency.
- Answer telephone and direct calls where necessary. Make reservations, answer questions, and give directions patiently and warmly.
- Escort customers to their tables and assist in seating; present menus according to unit guidelines.
- Resolve customer issues, ensuring customer satisfaction. Alert management when needed.
- Clean and organize lobby area and host stand.
- Complete closing duties as assigned.
- Be familiar with all unit services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to customers’ questions accurately.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Ability to remain organized and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced unit.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Touch-screen computer. Reservations system.
- Multi-line telephone.
- Cleaning supplies.
Veterans, Minorities, People with Disabilities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.