Are you ready to join a great team year round?
Our Facility Manager would be responsible for ensuring our facility's physical condition is of the highest quality.
We are looking for a caring individual who takes pride in the work and the facility. If you are self-motivated and hard-working, then we are ready for you to join our team. We offer full-time work with a stable company, great benefits, and a professional atmosphere.
~Qualifying applicants must be able to pass the background check!~
The Maintenance Manager assists the Unit Manager by performing all aspects of maintenance and repair work on all mechanical and electrical equipment and systems within the unit.
- Receive direction from the Unit Manager and manage the unit's maintenance operations. Assist in analyzing and ensuring compliance with established budget with regards to maintenance procedures.
- Schedule, supervise, and participate in the maintenance duties specific to the unit.
- Recruit, supervise, train, schedule, discipline, review, and direct the maintenance staff.
- Conduct scheduled inspections of designated buildings and equipment; check and repair equipment malfunctions.
- Make major repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, pool and refrigeration equipment as needed.
- Refrigeration Certification is a must
- Respond immediately and resolve emergency facility needs/issues regarding safety/security/business requirements, including fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems to protect building occupants and property
- Lock and secure all buildings and facilities; monitor, activate and reset automatic security systems as appropriate; repair broken locks and maintain keys to the unit.
- Work with contractors for HVAC/Plumbing/Electrical as needed to fulfill the needs of the hotel.
- Ensure inventory/security of supplies is adequate for the maintenance of the hotel.
- Maintain and ensure safe facility environment including standards for maintenance and upkeep of facility's equipment. Notify General Manager of all unusual events, circumstances, or other safety or quality control issues.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner at all times. Maintain and enhance the company's image when interacting with clients, guests, associates, and vendors.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor's or Trade School Certification preferred.
- 2-4 years of hotel maintenance management experience required.
- Strong technical knowledge/background in HVAC, Electrical, and/or Plumbing preferred.
- Pool maintenance certification is a plus(CPO).
- Computer proficiency with the ability to utilize MS Outlook required.
- Demonstrated talent for interacting with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to effectively organize and coordinate multiple priorities; ability to work well as a team leader; ability to problem-solve.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative and communication skills.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire workday and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Standard commercial HVAC, Electrical, and/or Plumbing repair equipment and typical office equipment (computer, fax, telephone, copier, scanner, among others).
- Field transportation vehicles.
Guest Services offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including Paid Time Off and a generous 401(k) Match.
Veterans, Minorities and Women especially encouraged to apply.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.