Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Transport property, merchandise and employees in 14 passenger van on a daily basis between Ashford and multiple park units. Assist in warehouse and laundry as needed. Occasionally drive vehicles to other locations in park region.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Safely drive 14 passenger van on a daily basis
Perform vehicle pre-trip safety inspection; maintain vehicle log trip
Safely load product, laundry, merchandise and recycling into and out of van, often unassisted
Enforce safety rules for van passengers; provide courteous transportation for passengers
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent required; some college preferred.
- Current US driver license with clean driving record required
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally
- Able to drive a large vehicle, sit and stand for extended periods
- Climb steps regularly
- Withstand temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in, warehouse, and outside environment
- Reade and write work-related documents in English
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of vendors, drivers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties
- Ability to travel between different units within the park