Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$12.25/hr. |
POSITION SUMMARY: Seasonal position from late June to early September at Sunrise Lodge in the northeast corner of the park. Prep and cook employee meals for 15 employees according to pre set menu with speed, accuracy and high quality standards. Maintain kitchen cleanliness.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Must be able to work Employee Cook position with ease and accuracy.
- Cook employee meals according to Unit Manager's standards and pre set menu.
- Keep workstation clean at all times.
- Have the ability to communicate in a timely and professional manner.
- Know the EDR menu, how it is prepared and its ingredients.
- Work without supervision in a professional manner.
- Help in any kitchen position that needs assistance.
- Performs such other related duties as directed or required
PREREQUISITES: Education: High school graduate.
- Be able to fulfill EDR Cook duties and responsibilities and have minimum one year experience in the restaurant field.
- Must provide company approved slip resistant shoes and a current Washington State food handler's or ServSafe certification.
Personal Qualities and Physical Requirements:
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively. Must be able to write legibly as well as read and understand directions and instructions. Appearance must be in compliance with company guidelines.
- Will be required to perform diverse physical tasks. Must be able to stoop, bend, grasp, and perform repetitive motions. Some walking and stair climbing. Good physical energy, stamina and agility. Exposure to wet floors. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds frequently.
- Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timelines, urgency, humor, and common sense. Must be able to adapt to the isolation of park life.
EQUIPMENT USED: Typical professional kitchen equipment and utensils (knife, range, oven, mixer, etc.)