|Division:||North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin|
Stehekin - Chelan County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
|Salary Range:||$11.00 - $13.00 per hour|
This is a seasonal position that runs from mid May to mid Oct.
The Line Cook assists the Chef or General Manager by preparing, cooking, and serving food. Food preparation and presentation in a restaurant environment of breakfast, lunch, and dinner service. Breakfast consists of eggs cooked to order, omelets, pancakes, breakfast meats, etc. Lunch consists of hamburgers, hot and cold sandwiches, soups, etc. Dinner consisting of broiler, sauté, roasting, sauces, etc. Must have previous experience, ability to maintain kitchen sanitation standards and safe practices.
The qualified candidate will be able to:
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
The skill and knowledge requirements we seek are:
- Partial High School education required; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Food Handler's permit required and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively for full comprehension. Must be able to write legibly as well as read and understand directions and instructions.
- Will be required to perform diverse physical tasks. Must be able to tolerate and work in rain and snow, cold and hot weather.
- Must be able to stoop, bend and grasp with repeated motion. Extensive walking and stair climbing. Good physical energy, stamina and agility. Exposure to wet floors and various cleaning chemicals.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be service and safety oriented. Must possess a sense of awareness, timeliness, urgency, humor and common sense.