Mount Rainier National Park - Pierce County|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Full Time|
Do you want to work at the tallest volcano in the lower 48? The 5th highest peak in the continental United States? The 5th national park in the United States? A place recognized around the world for the incredible fields of wildflowers below numerous glaciers? Do you have what it takes to help us provide great guest service in this beautiful national park?
Join the Rainier Guest Services team at Mount Rainier National Park. If you have the skills and passion for national park work we would love to talk to YOU!
Provide excellent service in the gift shop, including a consistently high standard of guest service, cleanliness, product presentation, and sales. Complete guest transactions in a friendly, accurate, and efficient manner.
This is a seasonal position from May to October.
Assist guests through friendly interactions, answering questions, and completing sales on register
Complete sales in POS in an accurate, efficient and friendly manner
Maintain store displays daily through stock rotation, cleaning, and organizing
Receive and verify quantities of merchandise, organize and stock store, set displays
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred
- National Park gift shop experience preferred
- Ability to learn and use retail POS system including computerized cash register and credit card terminal
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit.Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment
- Lift, carry, and push up to 10 lbs. regularly, 15-20 lbs. frequently, and up to 30 lbs. occasionally
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of guests and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly to be understood by same in English
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties